Your local electronics store has just started selling time machines, anywhere doors, and invisibility helmets. You can only afford one. Which of these do you buy, and why?
There are three intriguing choices regarding the above question. And come to think of it, you would like the three of them, right?
To make such a critical choice, you have to think thoroughly and wisely. So, I’ve got the brilliant-Oh my ego-idea to list the Pros. and Cons. of each of the three gadgets. In my point of view.
Pros. Of The Time Machine: (Assuming this a classic Time Machine with one’s basic functions.)
- A Time Machine would be very handy when trying to explore different cultures that took place many centuries ago. Like the Pharaohs and the Mayans…etc.
- A Time Machine would help in explaining events that happened centuries or decades ago, which affected our nowadays life. Like the extinction of Dinosaurs, the Big Bang period, the previous Ice Ages…etc.
- A Time Machine would help me as I am obsessed with stuff, to develop my obsessions. (For me it’s Books and Movies. I am a fanboy)
Examples; as I’m a PotterHead-someone in the Harry Potter fandom-I would go back in time and buy the first copy in the world of the first Harry Potter book…etc.
Cons. Of A Time Machine: (Assuming this a classic Time Machine with one’s basic functions.)
- A Time Machine would enable thieves to go back in time and steal historic objects and sell them in the black market for billions of dollars when they return. Or know which card will win in the lottery and buy it and win…etc.
- A Time Machine would allow many mistakes to happen in the past that would change the future. And no matter how careful a mistake is bound to happen we are only humans.
- And as I always say, although there are many things I regret, there is nothing that I would change. So I am against using Time Machines to change our pasts.
This is all for The Time Machine, for now.
Pros. Of Anywhere Doors: (Assuming this a classic Anywhere Door with one’s basic functions.)
- An Anywhere Door wold be handy in situations like being late for work, school…etc.
- An Anywhere Door would help in cheap traveling.
- An Anywhere Door would let me explore new worlds and such.
Cons. Of Anywhere Doors: (Assuming this a classic Anywhere Door with one’s basic functions.)
- An Anywhere Door would allow theft, which I hate.
- An Anywhere Door would allow illegal migrations.
- An Anywhere Door would allow upsetting people in other worlds.
No further opinion on the Anywhere Door at this point.
Pros. Of Invisibility Helmets: (Assuming this a classic Invisibility Helmet with one’s basic functions.)
I couldn’t find anything pro-ey to think of. So, I’d love it if you submit your thoughts in the comments.
Cons. Of Invisibility Helmets: (Assuming this a classic Invisibility Helmet with one’s basic functions.)
- An Invisibility Helmet would allow theft.
- An Invisibility Helmet would allow many immoral actions.
Last of my opinions on the Invisibility Helmet. And I think we all know how will this gadget end up.
Now, the time has come. The final decision. [Dramatic music plays and the spot light moves on me]
I have disowned the Time Machine, and obviously, I also did the Invisibility Helmet. Only one remains, the Anywhere Door.
Although its cons. are many but I see they are the least severe. And with proper laws, it could be controlled.
Anywhere doors are very practical, and fun. I can travel to anywhere I want without awful, miserable, disgusting mundane means of transportation.
Transportation to other worlds-I’m a believer in supernaturals-would be finally possible.
And lastly, I could turn the light off without getting out of bed; only by putting my hand trough the door. (I am a lazy person)
Best of wishes. And may the odds be ever in your favor.